Philips CD200; CD472 and CD650: how good are they?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Alex.

I have a CD200 and I like it a lot.

It is not regarded very highly around here as it uses the TDA1540 which is a mono 14 bit DAC (actually it uses two;) ) and this particular player also uses an obscure hybrid board with SONY components - the so called SOPHI board - for ERCO.

I like the sound unmodded, its nealy as good as my other 'early player' a Meridian MCD (tweaked CD100).

Apart from the CDMO and lots of room it is not really a good base for extensive mods - at least the heavy duty stuff current around here.
No I2S, no SPDIF, no nothing you might recognise as'standard'. (this I'm gessing, as I'm not an electronic whizz, but I have my moments - this is second hand from discussion on this board (search broken :D)

I cannot comment on the other players you mention.

I'm about to start doing some mods on a 'new to me' twin CD200, and will compare improvemens (if any).

Cheers

Philippe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.