Denon DCD-660 Service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think the Denon DCD-860 and 560 use the same or very similar PCB, so a schemartic for those models would do.

I am particularly intersted in the part of the schenatic showing the Transformer primaries and secondaries, the bridge and the regulator sections of the schematic, so even just copy of that section would be helpful.

Hi Zanash,

I was recently given the DCD-660 by a person who has had the thing since new but couldn't use because of the voltage. It is a US built unit wired for 120 volts while Australian mains are at 240 Volts. (Apparently it was present sent from the US.)

There is no external voltage selection switch on this unit. It has a PCB mount transformer with several primaries and a few wire jumpers.

I have traced the primaries and it looks to me that the voltage selection is factory set by the jumpers and the location of the AC leads on the PCB – and to save some money, the voltage selection switch is replaced by jumpers.

Rather than just change the jumpers, connect it up and hope for the best, I wanted to see if the schematic would confirm what I think about the voltage selection.

On the other hand I can remove the existing transformer and use one or two other 240VAC types with the correct seconday volatge. Again a copy of the PSU schematic would be handy.

If I can get the thing working on 240V AC I will take the EIAJ signal from Sony CXD2500 signal processor and feed an 8 x TDA1543A DAC. I already have this combination working on an NEC CD602 CDROM drive. Later mods will include a clock upgrade and an upgrade of the DCD-660 power supply. The DAC will have its own external power supply.

Cheers.

I'll try to sort it out for you..........

why not use a step down transformer ?

I'm using a AH-dac with 8x 1543 with this unit and very nice it sounds.

They benifit from opam changes and the disconection of the muting transistors.
I swapped the diodes for 11 dq10's for a very worthwhile improvments too.

Hi Zanash,

Thanks for your reply. I have thought of a step down transformer but really didn't want to buy anything. I have a few different voltage 240V toroids on hand and would rather use those. However I would need to know the required secondary voltages on each of the 6 PCB pins.

From my inspection of the PCB, it seems to me that pins 1, 4 and 6 on the primary side of the transformer are nt connected to the primary windings, although pins 6 is connected to pin 3 by a PCB trace. Pins 3 and 5 are currently the 120VAC input to the transformer. I am speculating that 230/240VAC operation would require the disconnection of pin 3 and connecting the 240AC on pins 2 and 5.

On the other hand, I also have several 12 volt 7Ah batteries and may even use some of them to supply DC to the regulators.

Cheers,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.