Need help with buying WM8740 ics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. I'm currently looking into making a SPdif receiver, much similar to Russ White's, but using a ATMEGA128 controller and LCD.

My problem is this. I live in South Africa and I can't find the chips here. There is a "distributor" but I can't find them(Their phone lines dont exist anymore).

I've had a look on www.profusionplc.com. Their prices are reasonably.... until you see the delivery charge. $49 delivery costs for $17 ic's. That works out to be R429 (SA currency).
That's more than 10% of my salary.

Since Audiosector shipped me PCBs for $11 I was wondering if there is anyone who could suggest somewhere else or maybe I can buy chips from someone overseas.

For the timebeing I'll look for other alternatives.

P.S. To USA Diyers. Be thankfull for all the options you have there....radioshack, digikey ect.

P.S.S I haven't been able to find a single Audio DAC in SA, thats if you don't include the minimum order of 1000 pcs for a Cirrus chip.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.