DVD 5900 mod question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to mod my DVD-5900. The usual op amp swap, BlacK Gate cap replacement, FRED diodes, polypro on output and maybe signal resistor replacement(not sure about this since I can't figure out the best resistors to replace - Underwood mentions 22 resistors but I identify only 16 for sure - I'll save that for later).
My question is about the series caps on the audio out. Denon has two caps in a (- + + -) configuration. C698, C702 and C700, C704 on FL1 and FR1 respectively. Also they have a 470pf (or 4700pf, I have to verify) across each output (not visible in photo).
Should I replace the caps in the same configuration or use a single bipolar cap? What value? Any other changes recommended???:xeye:

BTW I have the service manual and would be happy to send pieces of it to people. It is too big a file to send it all.
TIA

Attachments

• dvd5900 audio out partial.jpg
    dvd5900 audio out partial.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 111
You can completely eliminate the output dc-blocking caps, replacing with straigt wire. They are totally unnecessary.
The first thing you should do, though, is stock up on a few HOP1200S laser pickups(dalbani.com is where I bought them last). They are the second most failure-prone dvd lasers ever made, in my experience. Denon has no excuse for using the damn things in such expensive players.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.