DIR 1701 and DIR1703 question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
nFORCE,

I don't think DIR1703 can work with a 12/16MHz external crystal.

In demo board, a 12.288MHz crystal has been included.

I don't know why TI prefer to use a ferquency which can not be divide exactly by 100MHz. But I'm sure that a low jitter clock source herein(supply a low jitter clock reference for dir1703) can make performance better.

Dir1703 make clocks from oscilator ( lrck, bitclock) if spdif is not connected in case you made automatic clock source selection like sugested by ti (pin27 connected to 28).
So i guess you can use 16 Mhz oscilator but you will have different clock fequencies when spdif is running or not.

My dir 1703 does not lock to input spdif stream but outputs mclk, lrck and bitclock, but i did not check this with 16Mhz crystal.

Good luck,

Aleksander

DIR1701 uses only 12/16MHz crystal
DIR1703 uses different crystal frequencies, specified on the datasheet.

borisov57!
Do not use DIR1703 with 16MHz crystal, it will not work.

nFORCE!
A 12 MHz crystal resonator can be used for 128fS (CSBIT), 256fS
(OPEN) and 384fS (BFRAME). And a 16 MHz crystal resonator is used for 512fS (BFRAME). The system clock
frequency can be set by control data at SCF0, SCF1 pin.

By using the SpAct frequency estimator (not the S/PDIF channel status bit), the DIR1701 detects automatically
the sample rate of an incoming S/PDIF signal and indicates the frequency at the BRATE pins.

Attachments

• dir1701.jpg
    dir1701.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 388
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.