CDM4 and CDM9

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I am planning to built a CD from ground up, using CDM4 or CDM9 as transport (yes, I know it NOT easy).

However, it seems that there isn't any data sheet available for these two transports anymore.

1. Can someone let mw know where can I find such transport?

2. Do anyone know which model of Arcam CD player (if any) used the CDM4 transport ?

Many thanks.

Pat

Hello again,
the good transport is my future likewise, after i finish with DAC.
What you think about one used Marantz CD 10. '
Some audiophile people say, that this transport is rare but very good. It cost today ca 300-400 EUR.

patwen said:
I am planning to built a CD from ground up, using CDM4 or CDM9 as transport (yes, I know it NOT easy).

However, it seems that there isn't any data sheet available for these two transports anymore.

1. Can someone let mw know where can I find such transport?

2. Do anyone know which model of Arcam CD player (if any) used the CDM4 transport ?

Many thanks.

Pat

Both the CDM 4 and 9 still can be had from spare part dealers for about 70 Euros. Search for a thread I started almost a year ago, search words would be CDM-9, Philips, 931.

Fixed the CDM-0 in my CD-931 with a drop of oil as Mr. Feedback had suggested. The magnetic pook that clamps down the CD onto the spindle is too big in this drive, so most of the times, it'll woobble.

Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.