LiTe Dac Ah

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There was a thread some time ago which didn't really give an opinion on this Dac. What does it sound like ? D.Douma thought that is was not bad, but did not have a re-clocking circuit such as his ddac. Does anyone have one and do they like it/hate and of so why. Cost is about £100 with shipping.

its so good for the price I've got two !

one has been modded .....

sil bridges replaced with 11DQ10's
coax in socket moved and rewired with 4n silver
opamps swapped for ad 845
output caps changed for stacked wima film caps
output rewired with silver
decouple caps bypassed with tant beads
all electrolytic caps by passed with wima film caps
psu supply caps swapped with panasonic fc's
case damped
signal path resitors upgrades
the difference with the stock unit ......

greater trancparency ....finesse...sharper imaging ....foot tapping

The NOS sound now is very good.... and runs my quad 99 dac very close......

the quad 99 feed to the modded AH is very good ......and thats currently how I have my setup. The 99 acting as transport and digital switching for my other sources.

I would say that the unmodded AH is not as good as the NOS dac but the modded one well out performs it.

Puffin said:
Cost is about £100 with shipping.

I think you can do better than a 100 quid,I would suggest that you contact Wu (Eddiewu) at diykits in Hong Kong.

His price for the Lite Dac - AH is 780 HK$ which equates to just over a 100USD and he takes paypal,of course there are shipping costs of maybe 50USD and it may attract import duty.

http://www.diykits.com.hk/dac.html

This is a std. board and below the same with upgraded op-amps,resistors and capacitors.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

dacah1.jpg

I'd seen one or two site offereing the AH as a kit.......

but I was able to get the units in auction fairly cheaply anyway.

Its interesting to see the mods and probabley do a similar job to the ones i've done.

The big green and gold 220uf caps are worth changing in the opamp psu ...

I't may be worth running the opamp in class A too....

Re: Re: LiTe Dac Ah

IndyAudi said:

I think you can do better than a 100 quid,I would suggest that you contact Wu (Eddiewu) at diykits in Hong Kong.

His price for the Lite Dac - AH is 780 HK$ which equates to just over a 100USD and he takes paypal,of course there are shipping costs of maybe 50USD and it may attract import duty.

http://www.diykits.com.hk/dac.html

This is a std. board and below the same with upgraded op-amps,resistors and capacitors.

liteon_ah.jpg

dacah1.jpg

Indyaudi. I bought my Dac Ah over a year ago, but have only just got around to sorting out the resistor problem and doing the passive mod. I have done it in the same way as you did. I assume you do not have to remove the op-amps ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.