TDA 1543 and 1541 distortion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi , Ijust made a dac using the cs8412 and the tda 1543, the problem is that when I feed it with a 48khz sample rate source I get grosss distortion , but when using cd source everything is ok, The oversampling is needed to avoid this distortion??? or what is happening
The 48 khz source is a video editing card (decklink hdpro) when i feed this source to a cd recorder works fine, so, whats wrong with my da coverter??
thanks

Does your dac using the cs8412 and the tda 1543 adjust its clocking frequency with the 48KHz source? CDs use 44.1Khz sample rate. Is the order of the MSB to LSB or the other way around the way the DAC circuit expects to get it? The fact that it works fine with the CDs tells me that the analog part is fine, but something in the digital domain is coming out wrong with teh 48KHz source. If the DAC circuit is trying to read 48KHz data at 44.1KHz rate, you will get really distorted audio.

48 khz

Hi, in fact the cs8412 is part of a beheringer sample rate converter (src 2000) wich accepts 48 khz signal, so it has digital inputs and outputs and allows to changue output sample rate, i am taking the signal of the cs 8412 wich is the input receiver of the equipment, even if I make a pass trough the equipment the digital signal converted to 44,1 sounds ok in the cd recorder Iam using as a da converter, only the signal in the tda 1543 is distorted, and I made another test, used a tda 1541 wich is inside an adcom gcd 600 only connecting the three wires and ground and the same result ok with cd and not ok with 48 khz , is there a digital level reduction in the cd transports?? or whats happening, I tried to hook the cd 8412 before the digital filter of the adcom wich is the sony cxd 2500 to determinate if is the non oversampling that is giving me that distortion but i only got noise, may be I need to connect o dissconect more wires on the digital filter ??
Any advice?? or why is happening this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.