External switched capacitor integrator (clear saa7323 datasheet needed)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

As per suggestions on this forum I have moved the internal integrator after the switched capacitor network off the saa7323 chip (in my QED Digit).

I could not read the datasheet value of the integrating capacitor but I put a 1000pf for testing.

I could hear the music but it was very quiet and the bass passages seemed to cause a crackling sound probably due to the incorrect integrator capcitor value. Certainly if I increase the integrator value the crackling sound changes.

Does anyone have the saa7322_3 datasheet that is readable or should I leave the capacitor out completely ?

http://www.docethifi.com/saa7322-7323.pdf In this version the capacitor value isn't readable!

Attachments

• saa7323 soldering2.jpg
    saa7323 soldering2.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 172
It works.....I actually built something

Netlist said:
Not having a digital head, where should I find that cap in the pdf?
Pin name/number?

/Hugo :)

Hugo,

It's figure 10 on page page 16.

I have been working at it all afternoon while listening to the end of the Premiership football season.

I managed to get the external circuit working.

1. I had the left and right vref's muddled which was causing some distortion. The vref's are 2.5V.

2. I removed the op amp powersupply completely but left the bypass cap in place. I measured about 1.4V across the op amp +/- inputs.

3. Removed 1000pf caps

:D soundstage has improved I think.

Attachments

• saa7323 soldering.jpg
    saa7323 soldering.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 152
Never do audio work with a hangover.....

Hi,

Just realised that the internal integrator op amps were still connected up!

I've desoldered the connection, and rewired the external op amp vdd pin.

It works (properly) now. If no power is amplied to the external circuit I have no sound so I'm confident the internal integrator has been bi-passed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.