Pioneer PD-75 Cd Player whistling

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought this reference series player in Manchester from new many years ago. It has the Pioneer stable platter mechanism and is in mint condition. It is a wonderful device and looks gorgeous. Even better it sounds gorgeous, that is it did.

From cold it will play a CD for a few minutes. When I eject the CD and insert another. no music, just a whistling sound from the player. The fault symptom persists until I switch off and leave for a few minutes. Then the cycle repeats. I should add that when whistling the palyer is slow to repond to ejecting the CD

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is as really would like to repair it or have it repaired. iam a novice in this area but with knowledge consider myself reasonably technical competent.

Kind regards, Allan.

The whistling sound is probably caused by the platter spinning out of control at high speeds. This also explains why it takes a longer time to eject the platter.

When this happens, one reason could be that the servo circuitry is down or that it is not receiving a proper clock signal.

Do a inspection of the 5V power supplies to the dac chip. I believe that the clock draws its supply from the same rails.

As a last resort, you can always send it back to Pioneer for servicing. Hope this helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.