Where to buy TDA1541 Double Crown?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MGH said:
Hi all,

Can anyone point me to a trusted seller of this chip? I fear those counterfits that seem to be rampant comming out of China. BTW, how does one know if he has a genuine TDA1541 double crown? Thanks.

Hi.

This was discussed in depth only a month or so ago. [ Obviously, the search engine is not working properly].

See :-

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32587

Andy

Hi Andy,

The search engine was working fine, but I'm assuming you were being sarcastic. I already read that thread. However, it was not clear to me where or from whom I could by a genuine double crown. One source in Germany was out of stock as far as I could tell. Also, it seemed like no one really knew how to determine a fake double crown from a real one - just if the label looked "fake". I guess I was not clear. I was trying ask if there is an objective way (e.g., measurements on a scope) to determine if a double crown is genuine.

Re: Re: Where to buy TDA1541 Double Crown?

poynton said:
[ Obviously, the search engine is not working properly].

The link you provided does not answer the original question

MGH said:
Can anyone point me to a trusted seller of this chip? I fear those counterfits that seem to be rampant comming out of China. BTW, how does one know if he has a genuine TDA1541 double crown? Thanks.

I can point you, if you e-mail me.

How one knows? By listening to the chip; later production S2 have distinctive sound signature, different from N1, N2, R1,R2 & S1.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.