Marantz CD-63 CD Player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, i'm a beginner with hi-fi systems but today i think I got lucky and picked up one of these (Marantz CD-63 CD Player) second hand for £4. I bought it because I'm sure i've read somewhere that marantz make top CD players....
so can someone more in the know tell me a little more about this player.....
is it any good? What is it worth? Ive read some of the modification pages but its far too involved for me...is there a very simple improvement I can make?

Thanks a lot!

Jon.

jonno_groats said:
Hi, i'm a beginner with hi-fi systems but today i think I got lucky and picked up one of these (Marantz CD-63 CD Player) second hand for £4. I bought it because I'm sure i've read somewhere that marantz make top CD players....
is it any good? What is it worth? Ive read some of the modification pages but its far too involved for me...is there a very simple improvement I can make?

Thanks a lot!

Jon.

Hi.

Start here ...http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54009&pagenumber=1

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=901811&stamp=1146061557

You will find ALL the info you need !!!!

Upgrading and modding may seem complicated but if you follow a logical sequence it is not.

Andy

jonno_groats said:

Thanks a lot!

Jon.

Congratulations and welcome.

Marantz have a long and complicated versioning model and have repeated some model numbers over the 20+ years of CD. There are to my knowledge 2 CD63's that marantz have had on their books.

1) A metal top loading CD player. Early design, slow track access, weighs a ton, over engineered and a classic.

2) A much more recent drawer loading model, plastic.

Both are good players , but for I hope you got 1) rather than 2) as it's a classic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.