Reclocking SPDIF On M-Audio Transit - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th April 2006, 03:54 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Reclocking SPDIF On M-Audio Transit

Hello,

Does anyone know if it's possible to reclock the SPDIF output from an M-Audio Transit? The Transit has a TAS1020A to convert USB to I2S, which then feeds a AK4584 to convert I2S to SPDIF. I'm thinking of using a 24.576MHz clock input to the XTI/MCKI (pin 21) and DVSS (pin 18) and feeding the SPDIF TTL output (pins 16 and 18) into an X03 to perform the reclocking.

I presume the clock needs to be synchronized to data or word clock, so this may be a fruitless effort.

Also, I noted to that MCKO1 (pin 23) is fed through R27 and then to pin 3 of the TAS. Anyone know what purpose this line serves?

Thanks,
Bryan

Hide this!Advertise here!