Philips DVD960

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, im using my dvd960 as an cd player.
Im looking for information regarding the philips DVD960. It's a bit of a strange machine in the (2000/2001) philips range, like the grundig gdv200 and revox s27 build by french company micromega. Philips says it has paid special attention the the audio circuits.
Information and reviews of the dvd960 can be read here:
http://www.ll0ll.com/dvd960/philips-dvd-960.asp

The specific information im looking for is information like which dac had been used in de dvd960, or which cdtransport.
Maybe someone here can help me with this information? Any information is welcome.
Thx! :)

Thx for noticing. I have the component side and solder side print-layout/diagram of the player:

http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload7/philips-dvd960-av-schema2.gif

Are the tl072c opa's in the player really the opa2134's mentioned in the a/v panel print-layout (i think OA1 and OA5) ?
The 2134's on the layout i posted 2 posts ago shows it has a 3 leg, the tl072c's has 6 legs. (legs: i dont know the correct name for it lol)

I recently bought a used Philips DVD960 that only reads CDs and no DVDs. Has anyone got a service manual and some sensible ideas on how to modify it? It is going to be used in the bedroom and not the main system.

At first glance it uses one of the earlier VAL3000 DVD transports with double laser and a cast metal subframe. My T+A DVD 1210 R had the same transport until it went to nirvana and was replaced by a VAL6011 at the factory.

The DAC is an AD1855 24 bit/96 kHz converter with internal op-amps. The analog outputs are buffered by a single OPA2134 dual op-amp with no output decoupling caps (the DVD960 uses an offset correction instead). This seems to be a very minimalist approach which results in a pretty good sound for the price I paid.

Only major drawback is the missing remote as the DVD960 only has buttons for Play, Pause, Stop and Open/Close on the front panel. Does anyone know if a Micromega Minium DVD remote can be used as the DVD960 was manufactured by Micromega?

Best regards,

StefanAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.