Sony CDP 101

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there

I picked up a Sony CDP101 this morning in beautiful condition, I got it for $20.00 OZ and it sounds bloody fantastic, makes all my other players sound pretty drab, no remote unfortunately.

Its built like a tank but I know nothing about this model, anyone have any details on it, it seems like it might be something special, I got it in an junk shop and found it in a pile of other pretty ratty old CD players, teacs etc. The top end and mid range cut like razors but really suit my hi-res system.

Any info or even where I could get a manual would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Brad

Zero One said:
Hi there

I picked up a Sony CDP101 this morning in beautiful condition, I got it for $20.00 OZ and it sounds bloody fantastic, makes all my other players sound pretty drab, no remote unfortunately.

Its built like a tank but I know nothing about this model, anyone have any details on it, it seems like it might be something special, I got it in an junk shop and found it in a pile of other pretty ratty old CD players, teacs etc. The top end and mid range cut like razors but really suit my hi-res system.

Any info or even where I could get a manual would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Brad

Hi.

Brilliant cd-players. The first from Sony. I have had a couple.

There is a chap in the USA who has a website for these - I sold him some parts last year.

http://www.adrian-kingston.com/CDP-101.htm

The major fault is mechanical. The tray mechanism has a lock in the closed position whick siezes up and breaks off. Needs careful application of WD40 to keep it freely moving.

With the lid off and the control panel towards you - it is on the right rear of the mech. Close the tray and you can see it work.

Andy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.