Philips CD371-dead,but?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys I have one CD371 with CDM4.11 with new capacitors + new 7805,78M15,7906,7915.This player is dead for me -the display work on moments,but I can`t view the red light from the laser.I maked a test and the laser is OK.All front buttons not respond.From where I can start?May be the problem is in the Power Supply ,but where I can find it?
Srr for the bad english and Thanks:smash:

Pls guys.I am very mentally deranged for this player.What can be the problem with this damaged parts.The front display is dark ,the CDM4/11 is OK on one other Philips,but on this can`t work.The front panel control buttons don`t work:cannotbe:
May be the problem is only in the PS.From where I can start to repair this player,if anyone can give me any info for the read points on the PCB,service manual for this or any other useful info for me:confused:

Hello,

It is probaly the power supply. First of all, you must replace the broken parts. But take time to mesure if there is any short between 5+ and ground. If it is, the new regulator will blow. Another thing, if the powersupply has Ic-fuses, mesure 'em. They look like a transistor with only two legs.

Best regards,

Magnus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.