Yet Another TDA1541A layout - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th April 2006, 11:42 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Yet Another TDA1541A layout

I am working on making a modular DAC. The idea is to have one board that is the DAC, another that is a gain stage, another for power supply, etc. Hopefully I'll be able to swap pieces in and out without building whole new projects.

Anyway, the first dac module is to be a TDA1541A based one. It is just a cs8414 to tda1541a with a passive I/V. I stole ideas fom a number of different projects that I found online, so there is nothing too original here. There is space for a low pass filter, or it can just be jumpered over. There is also a transformer on the input, though some recent discussions have suggested that there may be better ways to do this, so it might get changed.

Anyway, comments and suggestion would be most welcome. Also, it looks like there might be a minimum quantity of 5 boards I need to have made (depending upon what board shop I go with), so if anyone would be interested in one at cost, shoot me an email (but keep in mind that it is a prototype and as such might not work at all, and that it will be weeks before they get made.) And before anyone asks, C1-C14 are spaced for BG-NX 0.1uF. All the 47uFcaps are spaced for oscons though I may make them larger to take some BGs, oscons being such a pain to get.

(also, the first gainstage can be seen here: Circuit and PCB Layout comments It is the 5687 one most likely.)

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 15th April 2006, 11:58 PM   #2
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Look's Good. I'll have to follow this now I think ill be getting both off you tube / dac Board's If you need help let me know.!

Jase

Hide this!Advertise here!