Yet Another TDA1541A layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am working on making a modular DAC. The idea is to have one board that is the DAC, another that is a gain stage, another for power supply, etc. Hopefully I'll be able to swap pieces in and out without building whole new projects.

Anyway, the first dac module is to be a TDA1541A based one. It is just a cs8414 to tda1541a with a passive I/V. I stole ideas fom a number of different projects that I found online, so there is nothing too original here. There is space for a low pass filter, or it can just be jumpered over. There is also a transformer on the input, though some recent discussions have suggested that there may be better ways to do this, so it might get changed.

Anyway, comments and suggestion would be most welcome. Also, it looks like there might be a minimum quantity of 5 boards I need to have made (depending upon what board shop I go with), so if anyone would be interested in one at cost, shoot me an email (but keep in mind that it is a prototype and as such might not work at all, and that it will be weeks before they get made.) And before anyone asks, C1-C14 are spaced for BG-NX 0.1uF. All the 47uFcaps are spaced for oscons though I may make them larger to take some BGs, oscons being such a pain to get.

(also, the first gainstage can be seen here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77509 It is the 5687 one most likely.)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.