Marantz cd 94 MKII dual or mono opams inside

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just opened my new marantz cd 94 MK II and while I found it very beautiful outside and pretty many great things inside built in from factory - 2 x tda 1541 S1, black gates f series, separate boards, cerafines, few quality relays, the sound is not in the same league as parasound 1500 dac( 4 x pcm 63 in fully balansed push pull mode)- less air ,less transparent less wide, less bass, I noticed cheap op apms(probbaly in those days was not good opas)
this mashine uzses 2 x opas. question is is this dual or single opa? I would like to put burr brown opa 627.

georgehifi said:
NE5534's x 4. 2 for the i/v stage, and 2 for the output amps.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

According to the CD-94 Mk2 service manual, for each channel an NJM4580 (dual) is used for the I/V conversion. This is followed by another NJM4580 for the filter then an NJM5534 for the normal output. The headphone output has an NJM4556.

elviukai

Email me and I will send you a copy of the schematic for the analogue stages.

Geoff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.