My new stuff -- Super low jitter DAIR modular pin compatible with 8412/8414

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's a super low jitter modular design. I spend around half a year to design and I just finish the first sample.

I named it "Verse-dair". :cool:

Performance testing just finished in these few days, the result is very interesting.

I compare the spec with CD8414 as following

1. Jitter:

"Verse-dair"
from 10Hz-1MHz from carrier will be lower than 20ps RMS.

"CS8414"
from ???KHz--???MHz from carrier (no spec) , typical 200ps RMS.

2. Jitter attenuation range

"Verse-dair"
From 10Hz-1MHz from carrier >40dB

"CS8414"
From 20KHz -3dB ~ 1MHz -35dB linear attenuation curve (-6dB / double the frequency)

3. Receiving sampling range: same to CS8414

4. Functionally: pin function compatible with CS8414, pin out compatible with CS8412 in DIP-28 package

The modular on the photo is Mr. "Verse-dair" :D

Attachments

• verse-dair modular.jpg
    verse-dair modular.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,035
exactly dddac,

if not, as I supect with the package markings scrubbed off the SOIC package, it really doesn't have a place here. Full circuit disclosure should be a requirement of diyaudio. Otherwise it is a commercial, or potentially commercial project, masquerading as DIY.

I feel so strongly about this myself as I have my own dac project in the works, which has taken me 3 years to slowly pull it together, and I have commercial hopes for it. You won't see me asking questions here or posting a picture to excite interest, market place --> vendor's bazaar is the place for it.

BUT i'm the type of person that if it ever does go commercial, I would put a full schematic up for public viewing, like Nelson Pass has done. i.e D1 service manual.

Happy Easter everyone,
Mark

EUVL said:
There is a well known clock maker who, if I am correct, never showed his schematics. And certain contributor of this thread sells his clock. I don't remember people criticising him for being secretive.

Double standard ?

Just an observation,
Patrick

perhaps this thread should've been in the vendor forum just like the folk you mean when they are really just selling things.

bb

Joined 2003
Paid Member
EUVL said:
There is a well known clock maker who, if I am correct, never showed his schematics. And certain contributor of this thread sells his clock. I don't remember people criticising him for being secretive.

Double standard ?

Just an observation,
Patrick

Good observation, but no double standard.... As MarkHathaway brings to the table, if you sell something and talk about it on a DIY forum, you should disclose the circuits. So every DIY'r would be able to built himself without the need to buy anything from you. I disclose all my circuitry and if it is the Tent Clock oscilator you refer to you, that is a standard component/function in my designs, which can be replaced by any other clock. I think the Tent clock however gives the best results that is why I offer it ....

Any way, we are dwaling a bit. I am still done to the opinion, that if you start a thread on a (I admit very interesting) design on DIY forum, you should publish, period. I am not asking for details what is inside the components. It should be so, that every one else would have the opportunity to built this him or her self, without the need to buy from him. Only than I believe you are beyond doubt of any intentions.... Just to make sure, I have no issues when Wenye wants to sell his idea and design. Free enterprise of course ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.