Digital Reverb !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hmmm... I'll must invent!

I was thinking something Digital, with memory (buffer), ADC and DAC.

Please take a look with care :cheerful:

Thanks !!

Attachments

• reverb.png
    reverb.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 422
This IC needs programation, and it's a lot complex ! :rolleyes:

That IC that I've mentioned before, just do the work with few external components, and don't need any programation!

It is suitable, but I'm alone on my own project, and reverb is just part of it, so I can't spend all my time on it... Obviously I need a fast solution for this !

If you can help me some more I'll be very apreciated !

Thanks again

Fernando

This IC needs programation, and it's a lot complex !

The IC only needs to be configured, not programmed. Unlike general purpose audio DSPs which require you to write code which processes the audio, this one has pre-defined blocks which perform specific functions. One of them can do reverb. You need only to tell it what parameters you want (length of delay, level, and optionally, filters). The IC is capable of a lot more, but you would not need to use the other capabilities. You only need to tell it the input mode (what kind of data your ADC outputs) and output mode (what kind of data your DAC needs), as well as the reverb parameters, and you are set. And once you have it working, you can easily play with the other functions of the IC, like parametric EQ or dynamic compression/expansion. The evalution kit (which I would like to have but sadly, do not) can connect to a PC where you can use a fancy GUI to set up the IC. Unfortunately I don't think that the GUI software or the PC-to-I2C interface are available outside of the evalution kit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.