Is There Still Life For Ad1862

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi fellas,

The spec. of the now obsolete AD1862 still looks impressive to me today. Having done a fine sounding dac with AD1865, I'm thinking of taking this on next, to compare with '65 if anything. Have searched the forum but found no schematic. I would do a nos version with the trusting CS8412 up front, AD827 as I/V buffer and OPA2134 low pass filter. I have not done a mono chip before and am not quite certain of the connections. My first guess is

SDATA -> DATA
SCK -> CLK
FSYINC -> LE

These parallel to both AD1862 chips, no inversion.
Now is this worth a go or a waste of time? And have I got the connections right?

Cheers,

KK

The AD1862 is a mono device. The CS8412 has a 2ch serial output. If you connect the two as outlined in your first post you will get the same channel in both devices.
You have to split the serial datastream into two simultaneous datastreams. There is a post on how to do it. Search for "nonos PCM1704" or something along those lines.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.