Oscillator in HK HD970 CD Player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This I believe to maybe be the next sleeper.
Yes that is a good oscillator the 4 pin M3h54F by M-Tron is far better than the run of the mill 2 leg $1 oscillator that are usually found inside 2 channel cd players, it also is using the very well speced AD1955 dac, no slouch this one.
And no NE5532 for I/V conversion but one of my favourites for sounding a bit tubey the OP275 then a OPA2134 for balanced diff to single ended conversion and the best now to come a complete discrete class A push pull output amp. And the whole shebang is direct coupled from whoa to go, using a dc servo.
This player has been very well thought out, and it's cheap, I forgot you can also use it as a stand alone DA converter if you have a better transport than what comes with it, (my clocked Teac vrds10se) as a transport sounded better than the inbuilt transport, not by a huge margin thou. Maybe with a top line clock it's own transport will be even better.
Below are some circuits.

Cheers George

Attachments

• hd970  l channel output stage.jpg
    hd970 l channel output stage.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,056
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.