Digital SPDIF-AES/EBU interconnect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm making up a digital interconnect to go between my CDP and Behringer DEQ2496. I'm using CT125 coax cable.

I know that hot goes to pin 2 of the XLR plg. The other connection goes to pin 3 but do I have to connect the cold and ground pins as I would do with an analogue connection (as shown in the DEQ2496 manual).

Also, there is a metal tab that is connected to the metal plug cover. Must this also be connected to pins 1 and 3?

Nuuk said:
I'm making up a digital interconnect to go between my CDP and Behringer DEQ2496. I'm using CT125 coax cable.

I know that hot goes to pin 2 of the XLR plg. The other connection goes to pin 3 but do I have to connect the cold and ground pins as I would do with an analogue connection (as shown in the DEQ2496 manual).

Also, there is a metal tab that is connected to the metal plug cover. Must this also be connected to pins 1 and 3?

I connected pin 1 and pin 3 with a 150pF capacitor.
I never connect the metal cover of the plug.

Stephan

I'm doing the same thing and making up a cable. I have 2 questions:

Why can't I leave pin 3 alone? what happens if I simply leave it disconnected?

and on the behringer, it has an option on the display to toggle between spdif and AES. What does this actually do? The instructions do not give much details.

thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.