"Digital" Copper??? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th April 2006, 02:11 AM   #1
blmn is offline blmn  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Default "Digital" Copper???

Hi folks,

I usually donīt care about it, but I couldnīt resist:

"Harmonic Technology's Digital Copper, terminated in either single-ended RCA or BNC, is a 75-Ohm coaxial digital cable manufactured with our proprietary Single Crystal (OCC) copper of the highest laboratory grade 6N purity (99.9997%). The Digital Copper digital cable allows for the highest level of signal purity in a coaxial design - especially in the midrange and treble frequencies. Harmonic richness is greatly increased due to the elimination of crystal boundaries and impurities that can disrupt the integrity of the complex harmonic digital waveform. Using the world's best connectors and insulation materials, the Digital Copper is one of the most accurate and pleasing digital cables on the market.

Harmonic Technology's Digital Copper greatly reduces grain and fuzz, preserving the harmonic richness of the original recording. A velvety-black background is also highlighted, such that small details appear to be holographically suspended in the soundstage. Since copper has a slightly "rich" sound, with added bass and slightly less treble detail than silver, this copper digital cable will be a great match for systems that need more "sweetness" in the highs. Treble detail is quite smooth and yet very apparent, the best of both worlds. Harmonic Technology's Digital Copper is truly a reference product which will transform the sound of your system."

Can be found at http://www.harmonictech.com/products...al_copper.html

for just $99,00/meter...

Best regards
Old 4th April 2006, 02:49 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

i'd love to know how a digital cable is changing specific parts of the analog output, unless there is a serious problem. then again, i can't hear the terrible effects of having a wireless network within a mile of my stereo. perhaps i have retarded ears.

bb
Old 4th April 2006, 04:59 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by b-square
i'd love to know how a digital cable is changing specific parts of the analog output, unless there is a serious problem. then again, i can't hear the terrible effects of having a wireless network within a mile of my stereo. perhaps i have retarded ears.

bb
Yes your ears are retarded. However there is help!

For only $1,297.72 you can enroll in my special "learn to hear the difference in digital cables" class. We'll teach you proper critical listening techniques like "self fulfilling prophecy " and "overhyped placebo effect". If you sign up now I'll even throw in a free 2-hour lesson on "Obfuscation thru Psuedo-scientific analysis of irrelevant theroms and studies"

If you act in the next 5 minutes, I'll even throw in a list of the 10 most mis-used and mis-understood technological terms. With this list you too will be able to debate the relevance of eddy currents on electron flow under the influence of un-properly biased dialectrics.

--Chris
Old 4th April 2006, 01:36 PM   #4
Schaef is offline Schaef  United States
diyAudio Member

Did anyone else notice they claim "6N' purity, (6 nines) but their percentage only states 5???

Of course, I think I also need to sign up for DIY_newbie's course on "fixing" my retarded ears.
Old 4th April 2006, 02:46 PM   #5
blmn is offline blmn  Brazil
diyAudio Member

And, from the site, you can see the arrows plotted on the connectors showing the correct "direction" of the cable...
Old 4th April 2006, 02:47 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

"Harmonic richness is greatly increased" eh? I can do that with a simple clipping circuit!
Old 4th April 2006, 02:51 PM   #7
poobah is offline poobah  United States
diyAudio Member

They should do a little research before they invent their lies...

Copper with 200 ppm of oxygen has lower resistance than pure copper!

Old 4th April 2006, 03:02 PM   #8
poynton is offline poynton  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: A life on the ocean waves when I'm not at home in N. Wales (but I'm not Welsh so no sheep jokes!)
Default wierd things

Hi.

If that is odd, can someone tell me how this cd works :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DENSEN-DEMAGNE...QQcmdZViewItem

It appears to be able to demagnetise everything including the loudspeakers - which I thought were supposed to be magnetic.

Surely playing music through your system would have the same effect but cheaper!

Andy
Old 4th April 2006, 03:05 PM   #9
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
can someone tell me how this cd works
It works on the imagination.
Old 4th April 2006, 03:11 PM   #10
poobah is offline poobah  United States
diyAudio Member

WOW!

MID is real... very real. It stands for Monetarily Inspired Deception.

Hide this!Advertise here!