Isomagic schematics and mod hints
Last week I got hands on a Cambridge Audio Isomagic S700. Paired with my old Discmagic it sounds really nice! Of course the unit will be upgraded! Help would be most appreciated:
1. Does anyone have schematics?
2. I'm planning to upgrade opamps, currently AD711 + AD712, maybe for LT1468/LT1469 that I have used previously. Anyone who knows if BOTH opamps are worth replacing? Or just the 711 that is closest to the output?
3. Have you done a successful upgrade of Isomagic? Please describe!
BR /Tomas F, Sweden.
(Yes I DID use the search function)
I am about to modify mine too. I don't have any diagrams either but I believe the two AD712s perform I/V conversion for the DAC's differential outputs and the AD711 is an balanced to unbalanced convertor. I plan to replace them all. It is my understanding that there are no official schematics for this design.
Do you like the LT1469, I am hoping to try it myself soon?
I'm the designer of the IsoMagic, however I did not keep the Circuit of the Isomagic once I stop working with Cambridge Audio.
However, I should be able to help you with any questions.
I would change the AD711 first - really a discrete Opamp would work best here.
You should also improve the PSU,
thanks for the replies. Status update on my isomagic modifications:
* last spring I updated AD711 + AD712 for LT1468/LT1469. I have auditioned LT1469 very carefully in another design, I like it a lot. One of the best.
* I also started running the digital parts (5V) of a battery, a cap and then into the existing 5 V regulators. The 12 V voltage of the original PSU bulb raised some V when freed from the 5V job, so I continued to use it however with an extra "layer" of regulators.
* recently I biased the LT1468 towards class A using a constant current diode.
Added together those three small steps resulted in quite a sound when Isomagic is used with ClockLock with Diskmagic.
/ BR Tomas F.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 11:31 PM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio