Tent XO3 Clock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am working at reclocking the spdif of my Sony CDP-X5000 and I was told by a local distributor that the 74HC74 can be employed for reclocking. He said that the Tent XO3 uses a Philips 74HC74N for reclocking and he offered to share with me the design of the XO3 for a small fee.

It would be great if someone can point to me where I can download the design or send me a copy of the design of the Tent XO3 clock. Many thanks!

Google said:
I am working at reclocking the spdif of my Sony CDP-X5000 and I was told by a local distributor that the 74HC74 can be employed for reclocking. He said that the Tent XO3 uses a Philips 74HC74N for reclocking and he offered to share with me the design of the XO3 for a small fee.

It would be great if someone can point to me where I can download the design or send me a copy of the design of the Tent XO3 clock. Many thanks!

Indeed, it is an HC74

It is not my practice to share the designs, and my distributors are aware of that. They do not have circuit diagrams.

As it is weird practice from distributors, to earn (extra money) on sharing my designs (on top of selling them), I would appreciate if someone could forward a link to this thread to this distributor, so he is aware of my statement.

best

Guido Tent said:

I wonder why someone uses a PLL in a 1-box solution

It is strange isn't it!
I just found that site whilst I was browsing the net looking for SAA7220 datasheet.
Whilst your here Guido I wondered if I could ask you a quick question if you don't mind:) I'd like to clock my spare Arcam A5 cdp (not the + version) with one of your XO's, I use this player in NOS.
Would it be better to fit your clock to the SAA7220 or directly to the SAA7310?

Cheers:)

t. said:

It is strange isn't it!
I just found that site whilst I was browsing the net looking for SAA7220 datasheet.
Whilst your here Guido I wondered if I could ask you a quick question if you don't mind:) I'd like to clock my spare Arcam A5 cdp (not the + version) with one of your XO's, I use this player in NOS.
Would it be better to fit your clock to the SAA7220 or directly to the SAA7310?

Cheers:)

Hi

The clock quality is most important at the DAC. The rest of the players' electronics runs in sync.

Unfortunately the clock usually is generated in the decoder or servo electronics, and transported through some chips to the DAC, adding more jitter.

Depending on the circuitry, the DAC can be clocked directly from a newly placed clock. Usually the TDA1541 runs at half the crystal frequency, reason why my clockboards do have an optional /2 output.

If above doesn't work out, best to clock the chip as close as possible to the DAC, i.e. SAA7310.

best

Guido Tent said:

Hi

The clock quality is most important at the DAC. The rest of the players' electronics runs in sync.

Unfortunately the clock usually is generated in the decoder or servo electronics, and transported through some chips to the DAC, adding more jitter.

Depending on the circuitry, the DAC can be clocked directly from a newly placed clock. Usually the TDA1541 runs at half the crystal frequency, reason why my clockboards do have an optional /2 output.

If above doesn't work out, best to clock the chip as close as possible to the DAC, i.e. SAA7310.

best

Cheers Guido,

The standard A5 cdp has bog standard clock circuit compared to the A5+, it just goes to the SAA7220

Hi Guido,

Can you confirm that the your X03 use the PHILIPS 74HC74N chip? The markings on the X03 that I bought from you has been scratched off, and it make the X03 kind of ugly (no offense to you).

I would like to replace the scratched chip with another one which Farnell sells for about 50 cents for comestics purposes.

Is this ok with you and will this void the warranty? Thanks.

Ruach said:
Hi Guido,

Can you confirm that the your X03 use the PHILIPS 74HC74N chip? The markings on the X03 that I bought from you has been scratched off, and it make the X03 kind of ugly (no offense to you).

I would like to replace the scratched chip with another one which Farnell sells for about 50 cents for comestics purposes.

Spend some more money, buy a 14P DIL socket and a dozen HC74 chips, from various manufacturers, listen to them all and take your pick.

Takes 2 hours and 10 USD

best

74VHC74

Ruach said:
Hi Guido,

Hi Ruach, While you are at it try also 74VHC74 from Fairchild or Onsemi.
:idea:

Ruach said:
Thanks Guido, you are the best :)

I have yet to fix the XO3 in my cd player. Thanks for your patience in asking my questions. Too bad that X03 are not readily available in Singapore.

Hi

My distributor usually does not stock the XO3, but they can be ordered, if not, ordering directly is also possible.

succes with your listening test to logic gates, very interesting.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.