Philips CD582 can`t read.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don`t know what is this situation-I have 3 players with CDM4 and only one works great-2 deads-Marantz CD-65DX(CDM4.11) and Philips CD582 (CDM4.19).
Now I work for this CD582.
In this tread I can find pictures for the PCB!
This is the problem.I start the player-all is great.
I put one original CD-Daft Punk -Human After All.
The player start reading.I can hear one very strange cracking noise from my CDM4.19.I can illustrate the movement of the laser here.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Positions :
1. This is the permament position of my laser.I think that this is a problem because the laser of my working great CDM4.19 have a permament position 3.
2.When I push any CD and the laser try to read this is the position when the laser is at most close to position 3.
3.This is may be the normal position of the laser?
It`s too strange but on the back side of the PCB I find one soot formation under the SAA7220P/A.
I can`t dream for any exact reply but may be for any direction.
I love the good sounding of the TDA1541A-this may be the best DAC for me(very natural sounding) :cannotbe:

Guys i know that I am too impatient,but I don`t know from where I can start looking.Now I am sure for the TDA8808 and the TDA8809-no any bad solder joints.The PCB connectors also haven`t any bad solderings.I check this ,because for Netlist(our forum member) this can be the problem.
I don`t know but the problem is may be in any chip and where is this 6544 transistor on the PCB.I haven`t any big experience with the CDM4 and Philips and also with any CD-Player.I want to start from anything but for this I ask for any help:angel:

EDIT: My working player with this CDM4.19 start reading from position 3 to position 1 and when I turn off the player I find the laser in position 3,not in position 1 like the dead player.The CDM4.19 work great on my second player with this transport and laser-the problem is in anything on the PCB

It sounds like maybe there is a problem with the CD transport/ tracking section. The laser assy moves via a worm gear assy in most CD players. If you are hearing a cracking noise and the laser does not go to position #1 I would assume the worm gear and other gears are damaged. There is also probably a retaining clip which holds the motor assy and this might have dropped off.
The fact that the CD player is playing other tracks indicated that there isn't a problem reading the CD but rather a problem of the lens assy being in the proper position to read track 2 and track three.

When you have it unplugged and out of the player examine the underside and move the gears to see if there is damage or a mechanical problem before trying to change any electronics. I don't think there is a problem in the electronics.

@burnedfingers : I try with this mechanics,transport,laser on my second Philips with CDM4.19.The player work great.When I try with the transport and laser from my working player on this player I have the same effect-this cracking mechanical noise and one very strange snap on moments.
The problem is in the electronics.For this I can be sure. :bigeyes:

We might get somewhere as I just found out that I have the schematic. Its on Remco's CD which I bought last year.
I'll mail it to you so you don't have to work like a blind man anymore.
I'll post a few more tips, here's the first:
Doesn't read CD's, CD turns in opposite direction for a moment.
Check buffer transistors BC328 and BC338 (pos. 6511, 6510) driving the spindle (turntable) motor.

/Hugo

The buffer transistors BC328 and BC338 are OK.
The service manual say me that I have a problem with the laser PS.
When I must check the voltage on point 11 with disomunted transport and laser I have 3.62V-In the manual this voltage is 0.2mV.
Form where I can start.May be from TDA8808 and TDA8809 or?
And I can`t understand how I can start this services positions of my player?Thanks for the help:smash:

When looking at the troubleshooting chart at B>, you have to press Search, Pause and Repeat simultaneously while powering up to go into service mode.
When done, does the arm swing when pushing Search >> and << ?
From there you can continue to step by step debug the circuit.
You have to confirm that the laser works. From previous posts I think it doesn’t.

/Hugo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.