Marantz CD4000....broken.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got one of theese players, but it won't read any CD's :bawling:
...but what can i expect...after all I got it for free...

Have tried to replace the laser, but this won't help. Think there is something wrong on the board underneath the VAM1201 (?) drive...there was some really! bad solderings there, but resolder didn't solve the problem either.

Where can I get hold of a VAM1201 (think this is what's it called) that could fit into this player ??
...or is this repair not worth it ?

It has been a while since I troubleshoot on it so I can't remember if the CD spins up or not, but I think it did...!?
Maybe I should just :smash: it and use it for parts !? :xeye:

Lyra

Lyra said:
I've got one of theese players, but it won't read any CD's :bawling:
...but what can i expect...after all I got it for free..

Where can I get hold of a VAM1201 (think this is what's it called) that could fit into this player ??
...or is this repair not worth it ?

It has been a while since I troubleshoot on it so I can't remember if the CD spins up or not, but I think it did...!?
Maybe I should just :smash: it and use it for parts !? :xeye:

Lyra

Hi,

Philips cd723..

http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/cd723_e.html

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The current Philips mech. and servo board are extremely variable in quality. The RF pattern is extremely noisy and the P-P level has no standard value that I can see. Every one has been different.

I have replaced several mechanisms and one rf / servo pcb assy. No component level service here. It's cheap and shows it.

Andy,
Have you bothered to hunt down the RF test point and look at it?

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.