Saa7220 sparks from ground pin (killed a saa7220 ?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guido Tent said:

is there a jitter spec given ?

Hi Guido, I was hoping you'd reply.

No, there isn't a jitter spec given. Of course, that lack of information doesn't really tell us much.

I'm quite happy to believe that your oscillator is better in this regard, but for you to know that implies that you've a way of measuring the jitter from your own oscillator and comparing them.

So, have you measured any of the cheap ones to see how they do by comparison ? How does your circuitry vary from the cheap ones ?

I'm not in any way trying to catch you out - I'm simply curious to know what the difference is.

hembrow said:

Hi Guido, I was hoping you'd reply.

No, there isn't a jitter spec given. Of course, that lack of information doesn't really tell us much.

I'm quite happy to believe that your oscillator is better in this regard, but for you to know that implies that you've a way of measuring the jitter from your own oscillator and comparing them.

So, have you measured any of the cheap ones to see how they do by comparison ? How does your circuitry vary from the cheap ones ?

I'm not in any way trying to catch you out - I'm simply curious to know what the difference is.

Just a question.
But if our cdplayers sound well (+/-) with old can oscillator, and, some clock like Elso KC7 sound very very good with the old can oscillator, could be possible that these new and cheap crystal are better than our old can quartz?
it is seriously believable that science changes to a shape getting worse the performances ? After 25 years? So it's old the can oscillator that sound in my old cdplayer......
ciao
RR

Guido,

The saa7220 provides the clock for the tda1541a processor by internally dividing the 11.2896 clock by 2. Is this correct ?

The saa7220 latches the WS, and Data outputs to the derived 5.6448 MHz clock output signal. Is this correct ?

If , as others have done on the forum, we clock the tda1541a directly must we also relatch the WS, and Data aswell?

BCK output of Saa7220:-
( 44100 X 16 X 2 X 4 = 5.6448 MHz )

ash_dac said:
Guido,

The saa7220 provides the clock for the tda1541a processor by internally dividing the 11.2896 clock by 2. Is this correct ?

The saa7220 latches the WS, and Data outputs to the derived 5.6448 MHz clock output signal. Is this correct ?

If , as others have done on the forum, we clock the tda1541a directly must we also relatch the WS, and Data aswell?

BCK output of Saa7220:-
( 44100 X 16 X 2 X 4 = 5.6448 MHz )

Hi Ashley,

Correct, clock/2. Reclocking the other signals is worth the trouble, allthough the impact is smaller compared to directly clocking pins 2 & 4 of the TDA1541.

Give the extra reclockers their own power supply to avoid data related crosstalk to other circuits.......

best

Guido Tent said:

Hi Ashley,

Correct, clock/2. Reclocking the other signals is worth the trouble, allthough the impact is smaller compared to directly clocking pins 2 & 4 of the TDA1541.

Give the extra reclockers their own power supply to avoid data related crosstalk to other circuits.......

best

Thanks for the reply.

Is 5.6448MHz direct, and X 2 to saa7220 worth trying ?

Pll clock multiplier ?

Guido Tent said:

Hi Ashley,

best

Guido,

How should we treat WS ?

Have you ever put WS signal from Saa7220 on a scope ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.