Ryohei Kusunoki's TDA1543 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello a question for those who's built one.

I've followed Ryohei Kusunoki's design pretty closely. I've used 6 TDA1543 instead of 4 in parallel, and changed i/v conversion resistor to 400ohms and Rref at 240 ohms according to TDA1543calc utility floating around, driving with 8.5V supply.

Sound comes out. but there is something fishy going on.

I thought I've wired the blasted thing properly but DC voltage of left and right channel are different. the utility suggests 4.55V, but I get 4.25V on one channel and 4.7 on the other.

The mismatch is far too great in my mind to brush off as a chip to chip performance variation. And too small to be a failure of one of the chip's output.

A question for those of you out there who's played around with this chip. Has anyone experienced this behavior?

-Cusa

Andrea,

Yes, that would have been my next course of action but I put the chips on a heat sink with a LOT of thermal compound. Just couldn't motivate myself to clean the mess up, pull out each chip and change resistors.

Guess I have to get my hands dirty.

-Cusa

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.