USB digital audio transciever

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Someone please name a good USB digital audio transciever. The T-I PCM2906 seems like a good candidate, but neither Digi-key nor Allied nor Newark have any. Digi-key is quoting March for more stock!

I'd like to build a simple USB device with four digital outputs: AES/EBU, coax S/PDIF, optical S/PDIF, and I<sup>2</sup>S over LVDS. The device will be powered by the USB line.

I know Philips makes USB audio interfaces, but I can't figure out which are the ones I want, and where I can get them.

Other chips in the design will be TI DIR1704 for low jitter conversion of S/PDIF to serial audio, and CS8420 (I have spares laying around) for the AES transmitter.

Windows got drivers for USB audio since Wiruz98 i think atleast i didnt need any new software for my PCM2702based dac. Works really god and kicks my AC97 onboard soundcard ...

Just make sure that the settings is for a continius data flow for optimal performance..

/micke

When I connect tas1020 to computer windows xp does not recognize it. It is unknown device.

I need application code for tas1020b and DFU ( i guess this is program from ti for configuring tas1020 via usb).

If someone have this, please let me know.

Thank you in advance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.