Faulty CD tray sensor???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've posted about my faulty Marantz DR6000 before, I wonder if anybody has any ideas what could be wrong with it...

The unit passes the "self test" which is obviously a start but the cd tray doesn't open. When powered on there is a degree of friction on the tray [ie. if you try and push the tray in or pull it out it resists - there's no resistance when powered off].

What's more, the natural state of the display is to say "open". If i then press the eject button it reads "close" for about 10 seconds and then returns to "open".

Is there a sensor on the CD tray that might be faulty and could be replaced?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ta

If the tray motor is running and trying to close the already closed tray it's probably the sensor (assuming there is no broken belt).

Usually a microswitch on the fixed part that is mecanically driven by the tray; may be one switch for both open and closed sensing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.