Calibration for Krell MD-1 - CDM3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Coz the MD-1 cannot play some discs around after Track 5. I think it is related to the laser strength(so I want to calibrate it). But it play most of the discs.

I saw some CDM-3 available in e-bay sometimes, maybe you could try that.

Studer A730 is one of the most musical and analogue CD play I have heard, but it quite hard to maintain. I personally own another Marantz CD-95 instead, and it sound very much close to the Studer A730.

I didn´t hear A730 , I hope it will work ones I find working CDM3

Your problem is not related to laser problem. Don´t touch anythig about laser before you try everithing else.
It seams to me it is related to radial adjustment of the swing arm motor.

Try to gentle clean the optics with clean compressed air , and isopropanol. After that fing RAD. ADJ. trimmer and trim him in both directions but first mark the factory position of trimmer pot.

Krell MD-1 (MD1) without specific MCU software (Firmware) for Krell ??

according the images by the follow URLs there are only Philips stuff inside and no Krell firmware like by the models MD-10, CD-DSP and MD20.

http://www.primeaudio.co.kr/bbs/data/pds/krell_md1.jpg
krell md-1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
KRELL MD-1+ SBP-64X -
Hifi Shock - Museum of Audio Video and Speakers inside images
http://www.gzhifi.com/fs/images/201206/1338959534316764279.JPG

Is my estimate right (there are no images from the front PCB's) ?
Which Philips MCU is inside? Maybe the ZC99685P ZC99827P or ZC99696P?
Dependend of the used Motorola MCU I will order a Service Manual from those Philips model, where the same ZC/MC processor for operating commands is in use.

Are there Krell service manual include schematic of this model in the meantime available anywhere?

Thank you for your advices.

Last edited:
A friend want to have this transport as second device (at best in faulty condition), but without D/A converter, because he need some spare parts for his presently device, which it is still in use.
Most offers are include any DAC and thus too expensive - go to follow offers:
Krell MD-1 CD Turntable CD transport & Madrigal Proceed MINT CONDITION
Krell MD1
KRELL MD-1 CD TRANSPORT & REMOTE w/ SEPERATE KRELL SPB-32X D/A CONVERTER!! | eBay (Germany)
Krell MD 1 CD Transport Remote w Seperate Krell SPB 32X D A Converter | eBay (United States)
Who can make an offer ? In such cases PM please.

A friend want to have this transport as second device (at best in faulty condition), but without D/A converter, because he need some spare parts for his presently device, which it is still in use.
Most offers are include any DAC and thus too expensive - go to follow offers:
Krell MD-1 CD Turntable CD transport & Madrigal Proceed MINT CONDITION
Krell MD1
KRELL MD-1 CD TRANSPORT & REMOTE w/ SEPERATE KRELL SPB-32X D/A CONVERTER!! | eBay (Germany)
Krell MD 1 CD Transport Remote w Seperate Krell SPB 32X D A Converter | eBay (United States)
Who can make an offer ? In such cases PM please.
I am looking again for a Krell MD-1 in faulty condition.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.