superclock for Sony DVP-s9000es

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I have a Audiocom's superclock II that I would like install in my Sony s9000es cd player. First problem is that the superclock that I have is 19.9344Mhz and I believe the one in the Sony is 49.152Mhz. Can I just change the crystal in the superclock II to a 49.152 Mhz crystal or a further modification is needed?.
Does anybody knows how to hook up he superclock to the s9000es player.
Thank for your help.
Fernando:)

The clock frequency used for CD in the 9000ES is 45.1584 MHz, not 49.152MHz. There are two crystals on the audio board and they get switch in and out based on if the player is playing PCM or DD/DTS. PCM playback uses the 45.1584 crystal, according to the service manual.

You should try to locate a copy of the service manual. This makes the installation a lot easier, because you know which crystal to take off and where you can connect the clock and ground. I have a copy of it but the PDF file is too large to email (42MB).

Sorry, never use the superclock before so I cannot help you with changing to freq.

Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.