Better Options than Stacking Sockets?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Stew said:
I have a CDP with dual opamps for output buffers and I want to use two single DIP opamps with a single to dual Brown Dog Adapter for each channel. I need to raise the Brown Dog Adapters above the capacitors next to the buffer opamps. I could stack sockets but I'm trying to think of a better approach. Any ideas?

Let's get back to the plot..................................

Move the cap to underside of pcb or

.. mount vertically?

Andy

Attachments

• adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 87
AudioFreak said:
No Elso we are not kidding. SMT to DIP conversion sockets do degrade the performance of the device and it is very important that the cap is on the pins. Yes 1/2 cm can make quite a difference.

OK, Dan, you hear more than me :angel:

I have been thinking about an adapter with a ground-fill and decoupling caps at the supply pins but abandoned the idea as the PCB got much bigger from the relatively big caps.:cool:

Please do note I have extensive decoupling at the socket though.:cool:

Please also note the adapter I made is DIP to DIP dual to single opamp. (Two OPA627 instead of one OPA2604) (Not SMT) :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.