teac cd-z500 Schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Found an old Teac CD player with 2x TDA1541A, but already being mod with 4xAD712jn op-amp and wondercap.

Wondering whether anybody here have any experience with this CD player and whether anyone can forward me the original schematic or service manual, just in case I want to restore it to it original spec.

This player is using KSS150a as laser pickup.

very slow thread response...

TEAC CD-Z500 is similar to CD-Z5000 and service manuals can be had for the latter. The audio board is labeled CMK-140SX in both cases. They have twins too CD-P400 and CD-P4000 which dont use the same audio (or volume boards)

Change seems to be the laser (kss-150 to Kss-210) although the servo board is the
same too.

I have CD-Z500 and CD-P4000 as a basis for these claims

hope that's useful, if not it didn't take long to type.

I just brought this cdp, but in its later incarnation, the CD-Z5000, restored and serviced by ja-radio in Denmark and I must say it is really good, I very happily supprised and impressed by the sound from this now 30 year old cpd, simply amazing.

I have auditioned it on well known music material using my old and familiar AKG K601, which are not knoen for being bass heavy, and yet when listening to this machine the authority of the low end is quite nice, and the mid is astonishingly clear and precise, the only thing, very minor to be honest, may be a slight harshness in the high frequencies, but I'm not to sure about this yet.

I just wanted to ventilate my impressions, and I did not expect this level of performance from a 30 year old cd player, and I will never look at the cdp's from that era the same way again, respect! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.