uh oh me thinks me killed my cdp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
While I had my cdp. opened up to check the tubes, I figured that I would install a couple of 8 pin sockets for the last pair of opamps on the board. (I had previously done this with the other 2 pair). While I did loose 1 solder pad, no big deal, just ran a wire to the next component on the board, checked my continuities and everything seemed ok. Well, I put it all back together with the new opamps and hit the switch. Lights up, no smoke, wait a minute for things to stabalize and hit the open button. Nothing. It just sits there showing a display of track 00 time 00 and the track list of 1 through 20> as if there were a disc of more than 20 tracks long loaded. So I shut it dowwn, pull the lid off the transport and put a disc in. Put the lid back on and same display, disc spins- no signal output. It's like the transport does not arrive at it's ready position to read a disc. Initial thoughts are that I some how fried the microcontoller chip, but I didn't even come anywhere near it. I know that it's a long shot, but any thoughts/help with my delema would be very much appreciated. I do like this CDP and after various mods the sound is very much improved over the stock version-until now!

I believe that it is a Matsushita transport. It has CD2 marked on it. The player is a QDS-15 which is the OEM of the Norh CD-1. Here goes showing my lack of electronics skills: What's a semi-fuse?

And, yes I did put the opamps in the right way round. They are in the analog section, which is why I am puzzled.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi spock,
No problem.

The first type has a TO-92 case using the two outer leg positions. The other is that small rectangular Janaese style with a "round" taken out of what would be the emitter end. Very short legs on the latter style. They are interchangeable.

If you really get stuck, I'm in Georgetown. I don't know how far that might be from you.

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi spock,
Is that time in the snow or dry roads? ;)

Where are you? I am close to highway #7 (just south). You may be further ahead to scoot across above the mess that is Toronto. Let's hope you do not have to travel. I can help if you need.

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi spock,
If you keep going west to #10 near Orangeville and drop down, the drive is much nicer and less stressful. I find anything to do with the 401 bums me out. I avoid it as much as I can. If you come across Old School Rd, that takes you through "the Glen", then down to #7.

If you need to come by, PM me and I can send you a map, address and phone number. With any luck you can get it going with the info you have.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.