Pioneer DV-757Ai PSU upgrade

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm just about to mod my DV-757Ai, and I've bought an XO3 and ZAPfilter from LC Audio. As far as I've understood, the PCM1738 Burr-Brown DAC is pretty good, so I'm gonna leave that one alone. Everything analog is replaced by the ZAPfilter (with separate PSU), so I don't have to worry about that.

The next logical upgrade would be the PSU, but I'm pretty lost here. What needs to be upgraded, and how? I've looked into the UCC Mini regulator, but there's no point in throwing pieces together that won't work... I've found these rails on my PSU:

+ 3.3 V (two separate rails)
+ 4.1 V
+ 6.1 V
+ 12.3 V
- 12.9 V
- 18.8 V
- 23.4 V

All voltages are measured while the player was idle, so they're probably ment to be more standard than this...

The power connector and mainboard seem to be the same as on the DV-575, but my PSU is bigger and has more parts. It has model numbers MPN4606 and VWR1361 printed on it.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• dv757_psu.jpg
    dv757_psu.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 189
Not the same as DV-575

I've got a hold of a block diagram for the DV-575 (thanks, jean!) which has a totally different PSU. It has the same 13 pin connector, but although the positive voltages seem to be pretty much the same, it only has one negative voltage: -28V. Unfortunately, the seemingly identical voltages aren't on the same pins either.

Keep in mind that the 757 is two generations older (mine's from april 2003) than the 575, so things have happened since then...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.