usb to spdif kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everybody,

i wanna build a usb > spdif conventor,
i have found a lot of details and so on the forum: you could even buy a pcb for it. but it is quite a while ago. So i'm asking: is there still anybody out there who has one to sell, and maybe more then one ?

if not, does it make sense to buy a commercial one, like
EDIROL UA-1EX for less then 90 euro ?

i have seen that doede has one, but i'm not shure if it has a spdif out. if so, i just might buy one of them. but from what i see, it's not the case. i could be blind, or just to much nOOb.

anyway thanx guys

ps: oh, i wanna build an charlize and monica, i have already a coral flat 8 in BR, which starts to sing more and more, quite impressive actually. (powersupply i bought from dungeon: a very friendly man)

greetings

dddac said:
I sell USB to I2S converter kits and it includes SPDIF output at dataline level.

You would only need to put the drivers behind it for real SPDIF. If you ever want to use I2S for a DAC, you are ready :cool:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you pl explain 'dataline' level; dod you mean TTL? And can you supply the components including pilse transformer for the spdif out.

Finally is there a limit to output frequency and bitdepth. I'd like at least 24/96.

:confused:

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Indeed "TTL" level. Basically CMOS digital levels directly coming from the PCM2707. You might want to check the datasheet for details .....

The only thing I sell is the kit it self. I have no other parts. I am not an electronics shop, so have no parts on stock or so.

But most parts are freely available at several online shops.

For the circuit, just search the forum, there were several interesting disussions...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.