Quad67 cDP wont spin up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My 67CDP won't spin up discs anymore.
I replaced the transport with a S/H drop in unit thinking this was the cause of the problem (as most players seem to be). Unfrotunately it wasn't this time.After loading a disc in the tray the laser unit will try to do a focus routine up/down and the arm swings a little but nothing after that.
The display then shows "Error"
I think there is something about the disc plate on the spindle that that slides down? Maybe the disc is sitting at the wrong height and won't focus?...or ???
Can ayone eleborate here? Cheers...

Well, it appears that the laser is not turned on, or it is, but can't "find" the disk. Try to find the circuit diagram. Laser diodes are usually turned on to around 4 - 4.5V by uPC once the tray actuates the tray switch – tray closed. So, laser ON, and if anything comes back to (usually) 6-segment photo diode array, disk will spin and TOC should come-up okay.

"I replaced the transport with a S/H drop in uni"

What's S/H drop in unit?

Cheers,
Extreme_Boky

A couple of things. The TDA8808T ,pin 17 will supply a trigger voltage of +3.3 volts to the laser. A worn laser only exhibited about 2.5 volts for some reason and the TOC would not come up. The other thing is the turntable height. This samll disc can drop down the motor spindle causing focal problems (I think).It needs to be lifted up a little to be in best position(not too much).
The laser unit sourced ex Dongerg is all ok once this adjustment was made....hope this helps...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.