choosing TDA1543

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys,
one question.... If i run TDA1543 on a 8,6V and have I2V resistors 2k4 and referent resistor 1k5 (not that i am running TDA1543 on that voltage - to hot for me but... ) how to choose which TDA1543 would be the best for the job.... if i have 20 chips and have to select the best out of them that would be able to work on that situation up there also ..... any tips?
best regards

Bernhard said:
burn a wav file on CD, download analyzer software and use soundcard as hardware.

Hi,

Tried that today.

My sound card isn't very good!

Useful nonetheless..

Kind regards,

Ashley

Attachments

• tda1543 output.jpg
    tda1543 output.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 492
my soundcard is also sh*t....so can't do that....
i have seen that left and right output are not eaqual sometimes... so if one uses passive i2v conversion it gets different voltages - difference is not big but it is there....
also - one of my chips died without no obvious reason.... i have other chip working in the same conditions as the one that has died and it is working for a year without any problems....
so, i have asked myself - how to prevent that from happening.... how to have a nice, reliable TDA1543 out of the bunch of chips that are looking the same.... i can't use osciloskope (haven't got any), can't use computer (soundcard is not good)... what else can i do?
suggestions....
i know that i am heavy on all of you with this one...:(

ash_dac said:

My sound card isn't very good!

Useful nonetheless..

What is it ? TDA1543 non os ? Looks like... See all the nice tube sound harmonics ?

Even if your soundcard is only 16 bit it is more than enough for -60dB signal. ***
My stand alone analyzer is only 12 bit and that is enough to have a noise floor of -75dB.
No DAC has been that good with -60dB signal until today.
But for amp measuring I maybe should set up my soundcard too...

*** My suggestion is that you use a preamp so that you can adjust input signal at your souncard to give 0dB reading for the -60dB signal, so you can make use of full dynamic range of your soundcard.

I use a preamp with adjustable gain and have adjusted close to clipping of my analyzer input.
Then I move the cursor to 1kHz and set reading to 0dB.

the real problem here is the lack of knowledge how to do the thing with the soundcard.... i never tried it.... and right now the time is very, very short for me and i want to avoid it.... well, if i can't avoid it than there is no other choice but to try to do the way you have suggested....
thanks guys for your help i must start learning how to do that..... and it will be slow and pain in my ***... :) :)
regards

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Sorry when I meant useful I meant in seeing the harmonics.

Soundcard is soundblaster live value.

DAC is indeed a tda1543 NOS which I bought off ebay for (it was just a tda1543, 2X black gate capacitors, a few rubycon ZL caps, and a 5V reg, 3X resistors).

I haven't 'checked' the calculations for the IV but the resistors seem too high!

tda1543 datacode:-23185 HtH2012

IV- 2.4KX2
I ref- 1.7K
5V supply

I have 7 more tda1543's with 22570 HtH1422 datacode...

Can anyone understand the datacodes ? (the 2nd one's aren't fakes they produced sound)

Kind regards,

Ashley.

your resistors are to high for the 5V.... you will be happier with lets say 1k5 and 1k on Vref.... (this is said without looking into the datasheets).... i remember that Peter Daniel used that i2v 1k5 and vref 1k configuratzion on 5V
you can also leave that configuration and supply the dac with arround 7.5V... that configuration should be good for 7.5V on the supply :)
hope this helps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.