Problem On CDM2/10 Mission PCM 7000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I tried to search this forum for a fix to my problem but.....

My Mission PCM 7000 with a CDM2/10 Mech. is not able to start the CD all time.

If I help a little bit with my finger the CD to start, then It's OK

Any Idea ?

Does anyone have a CDM2/10 service manual to try to fix it ?

Thanks a lot

The spindle motor has too much friction i think. Disassemble it, put some drops of fresh (silicon or clock) oil on it and try again.

Disassembling has one risk: when it is putted together sligtly oblique the focus won't work properly anymore, you have to re-align it with a clear CD disk, with the help of a reflecting tube-light on it. (This is explained in the service manual)

Good luck

My PCM7000 has a noisey mechanism. It plays everything perfectly - but there is noise from the cdm that increases in frequency while playing a cd. It starts off as a fast ticking at the start of a cd and increases to an almost constant sound by the time the end of the cd is reached. Any ideas?

Thanks Tubee

I'll check out what noise it makes while searching.....but the noise while playing is not normal. Only one of my other machines with CDM2 or CDM4 makes this noise...and that is a CD40 with CDM4/19. All of the others or relatively quiet.

It sounds like some part of the mechanism is rubbing or touching as the disc is spinning....and this this increases in frequency as the disc advances.

Fin said:
My PCM7000 has a noisey mechanism. It plays everything perfectly - but there is noise from the cdm that increases in frequency while playing a cd. It starts off as a fast ticking at the start of a cd and increases to an almost constant sound by the time the end of the cd is reached. Any ideas?

Hi.

If the noise was motor/disk related, it would decrease in frequency as the disk progressed.

It is probably tracking servo related.

Andy

It sounds like some part of the mechanism is rubbing or touching as the disc is spinning....and this this increases in frequency as the disc advances.

Fin, the clamp parts could do that sort of noises. Carefully lift the clamp when a cd is spinning. When the sissing is over-> search it there. Grease with silicon grease, especially the 3 feathers in the clamp bearing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.