S/PDIF to 6 channels of line level alalog

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an HDTV tuner for receiving digital TV that provides S/PDIF Dolby Digital 5.1 (coax) and I want to drive three stereo analog power amplifiers (for Home Theater). I already have the amplifiers and speakers, so I don't want to buy an A/V receiver or "Home Theater in a Box".

In addition, my iMac G5 computer can output 5.1 via S/PDIF using TosLink (optical fiber), so I want a solution that accepts both coax and optical input.

I've browsed the web for hours looking for an inexpensive way to get there, but either nothing is available, or I don't know what to look for.

I'm new to the forum. This is my first post, so forgive me if the question has been addressed and answered elsewhere. I wouldn't know what to search for in the forum.

Thanks

DDTS-100

Thanks!
I googled DDTS-100, and there are several sites that come up advertising the unit, but none have it in stock. I called a couple on the phone, and one guy said they were discontinued, and another didn't know. Visited the Creative website, and it is available from them for $149.95. No shipping charge and no tax.

I already own the MuVo N200 1GB mp3 player/recorder, so I know that Creative makes good gear for a fair price, so I'm going to pursue the DDTS-100, but before I buy one, I have to determine if the iMac is really sending surround sound out to the toslink optical connector when a DVD is played, and whether or not the optical cable that comes with the DDTS-100 actually fits the receptical on the back of the iMac. The iMac 1/8" headphone output jack doubles as an optical connector. Does anyone know if a toslink cable connector is 1/8" diameter?

Hello everybody !!

I'll build a pre-amp soon (based on a X-Bozos) but I want used it as an Audio/Video switcher too. In it 2 stereo ways will be isolated from the rest in order to be more "audiophile".
So, I'm searching a solution to get 6 analog channels from S/PDIF.
One solution is using an external decoder, but which ??
I would like a very simple system with one entry (S/PDIF) and 6 outputs..

Thanks,

Olivier

PS : maybe my english isn't good, but i'm a french people.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.