help fix my reciever

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well i got asony str-de475 and the sub pre out is all screwed up sometimes it works .. and other times it dont and if i wiggle it the front speakers kinda cut out i cant remember but someone told me to take some pics and post them here and you guys might help me fix it well i took a few pics ima take more tommarow to during the day just let me know if you need any diff pictures or anything
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

v1d9uy,

Check the rca output jack for a loose connection.
I fix a lots of sony receiver thats having a problem with the sub out.
Some of them usually is a loose connection on the jack, some of them
is the relay for the sub out....if there is one for this model.
I think I have a service manual for this one if you need it, I will look for it. Give me your email add.

dce

Hello,

Im sorry I didnt tell you that you need to look on the other side of the board. you have to flip it it over (copper layer) and
check for loose connections. let me know what will you find out.
I will try to help you.
sorry for the late reply, I am really busy lately.

Danny

close up of the back of the sub out jack

well i didnt see a thing wrong with any of it ... so i put it back together and still nothing .. i guess it may be the sub itself ... but i have no way to test it i dont have another receiver...

since you already replaced the rca cable, now we know that
the loose is really somewhere in the receiver main board.
I know you already load the picture of the board.
its a little bit blurry, can you take a picture again of the
sub output rca jack (copper side) I wanna see myself the
pads on the board. please make sure that no glare, its difficult to see
because its too shiny from light reflection.
while its disassembled resoldered that jack might as well, the ground and the output. if you can find some more obvious resolder it also.
remember we know its only a loose connection. try to resoldered
all the obvious one. let me know if this helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.