Best cheap CD player to start modding...newbie, searched

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to really learn this stuff and would like to modify a CD player. Seemely decent CD players are available at most local thrift stores. I have trying to learn about DAC and stuff. What is probably the most common, cheapest CD player that I could mod to sound decent. I was able to score a Jolida 302 tube amp, and would like to learn to modify. I need to work on my soldering skills and such, so a cheap CD player (if i break it) would be nice to start on. It seems like I want to find something with a TDA1541A (i found that list, lots of philips and marantz). Am I ok on this?

I really appreciate it and trying to learn! :p

Trent

Leolabs said:
Most people starts with Marantz.

Here's a thread with lots of info about moding the Marantz CD63 and CD67. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54009

If you can get your hands on a cheap CD53 or 57, these mods also apply, since they use the same PCB internally. They can be made into very nice sounding players, and there's lots of help and info available.

Regards,

Ray.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.