3.3V PSU to drive PCM2706 USB DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I suggest to measure the output voltage after the reg at load condition (680R resistor as load, about 5mA at 4V).

Another suggestion: it is better to connect all three legs of the trimmer, to bridge the center tap to one end of the trimmer. Even with failure of the trimmer, you can limit the max voltage by the max resistance of the trimmer.

For long time operation, it is recommended to replace the trimmer by a fixed value.

Kind regards
Franz

Think I found my problem, I connected the reg like a normal 78xx regulator.... well I made a small 2V supply today from the knowledge I gained... and when I went to check the datasheet for suggested bypass caps... I saw the pinout is completely diffirent... I feel so daft, but at least I learned something, without breaking anything... for a change.

I think the 3.3.V supply is still salvageable.. but I got a spare reg this morning just incase...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.