Wanted: CS5326/7/8/9 datasheet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
rfbrw said:
Has anyone got these, preferably for the CS5326. TIA.
I did a search at Cirrus but of some peculiar reason they remove the datasheets. Other manufactures don't do that!

http://www.cirrus.com/en/products/eol/detail/EOL15.html

Anyway, I emailed them about CS4328 and they sent me the datasheet.

Notice also that some IC's are custom design like the CS4212 which Apple did use (it is in my Mac :D ). If the CS5326 is a custom chip forget about the datasheet.

Re: Re: Wanted: CS5326/7/8/9 datasheet.

peranders said:

I did a search at Cirrus but of some peculiar reason they remove the datasheets. Other manufactures don't do that!

http://www.cirrus.com/en/products/eol/detail/EOL15.html

Anyway, I emailed them about CS4328 and they sent me the datasheet.

Notice also that some IC's are custom design like the CS4212 which Apple did use (it is in my Mac :D ). If the CS5326 is a custom chip forget about the datasheet.

Its been off the for a few years now.
Crystal aren't alone in erasing the past. Many, if not most, do it. The CS5326 was a fairly common device in its day so it would have been on the website. I have a copy of the 1994 Crystal Semiconductor Audio Databook and I know its in there. It just a matter of finding the book.

Thank You !!

I would like to thank peranders for supplying a pdf file of the CS5389-KP datasheet.

Now it look like the major problems are solved :D , but there is one little problem that might cause me some problems...:xeye:
It looks like the original CS5389-KP AD-converter don't use the "raw" clock-signal, so I'll have to pick this up somewhere else inside the equipment...

And here is the question...how long can the wire transporting the (aprox 12Mhz) clock signal be, and is there any precaucions I should take to avoiding problems when I hardwire the clock-signal to a "new" place ?

Lyra

Hi there, old post I know...

I'm looking for an AK5326/CS5326 chip. I got the Cirrus Logic datasheet from AKM. They said it was the same thing actually:

I have attached the datasheet for the CS5326, this is the part we made for Cirrus Logic in the US market. I do not have an English version of the AK5326 version of this part. This part was made, back in '89, when we were partner companies with Cirrus Logic.

I'm still not sure of what the problem is with the A/D circuit I'm trying to fix, but it seems to be related to the AK ADC chip. The machine is a Fostex DAT recorder. When I use the digital input, there's no problem. If I use the analog input, I get a minimum of -60dB signal, from what the VU meter states. This signal looks like it's some leaking digital noise, since when I change the sampling rate or enable/disable emphasis, it's shape changes(But the recorded sound doesn't audibly changes with emphasis turned on or off).

If I change the input volume or disconnect the input amps(one of them), the level stays the same. I thought for a moment it could be caused by the M5220L opamp, but it's S/N is -83dB, not -60dB.

If I place a finger on the ADC chip, the noise shape changes as well, but the same thing also happens with a smaller effect if I touch the logic chips where the ADC's signal passes through.

Anyone has a guess of what could be happening here? Could it be a failing ADC or failing logic chips?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.