Building LClock XO2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

This is my first post so greetings to you all!

I want to build the XO2 but since I am not very expirienced or trained in electronics I have a few questions. I could by the clock, but i think its kind of a challenge to build it myself.

The questions are:

1. The coil marked in the picture with L1 100 uH can be the simple 100 uH coil from the electronic store? Or, is it suposed to have some special characteristics (iron core or something?). Should I wind it myself?

2. The second simbol marked represents what? I don't know what it is (no thaining, heh :xeye: ). Any sugestions?

3. I also want to know do someone have any special prefered parts for the clock, what types of Resistors should I use (metal film or something else?). Conds?
The cristal will be inserted from my CD player during the building of the clock.

Thanks for the effort!
:)

Attachments

• resize of xo2dia marked.gif
    resize of xo2dia marked.gif
    63.6 KB · Views: 686
arlekin said:
So, I don't have to conect it? (the jumper connection)

I was also wonderning how much ampers DC max should the choke be, and what frequences? I's kind of a filter to power suplly regulator, right? And what about chokes resistence?

So many questions.

:)

Amperes??? OMG say 10 mA, that is milli-Amperes for your information.
The choke is a 1watt resistor model. Now don't ask me if this is right or wrong, that's what Lars was using....... The choke forms a pi-filter together with the filtercap of the raw digital supply. Makes ripple less and anything above that frequency, hopefully hahaha.....
I would not connect the extra 10pF for 45 MHz.
Why don't you build my clock? [joke]
Me helping with Lars' clock, well this is funny.......

You can download my clock here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=199928#post199928

:cool:

If he wanted to build a real clock, he could build one of mine.

"I tell ya....I get no repsect.....no respect at all. I get home last night, the wife says: "Take me some place "I've never been." Ok, try the kitchen. No respect at all......."

Don't think I need to add [joke] after that one. Maybe I do. No respect.........

Jocko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.