115v conversion fro 230V Cambridge Audio CD4 and Dacmagic 2i

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am be returning to my native Canada with my CD4 and Dacmagic 2i but since they are 230v/50HZ, I would like to modify down to native 115V - luckily both power Supply boards indicate 115v options but I have not been able to confirm if additinal component changes are also required?

So, does anyone have "intimate knowledge" of my equipment ;)And if so, can you advise if it is a simple jumper change or also requires, for example, new transformers as well. One of the units (CD4 I think) shows two 115v jumper options on the Power supply board - which one is relevant when?

If anyone has a schematic for either or both, I can do the analysis myself - I hope my old Audio Technician brain has not completely disappeared just yet.

Regards, taskerc

Hi! :)

If you would like to contact the designer of these models, look for “johnw” here. “johnw” is John Westlake’s user name there, who designed several models, including yours, for Cambridge Audio.

I have also seen your message on AV Forums, and I have posted a reply there, too, within details of someone else who may be able to help.

I hope this helps. :)

Regards,

Carl :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.